Please read all the following terms and conditions thoroughly prior to the commencement of our Services as we are able to make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you the Customer. You must read these terms and conditions to make sure that you agree with all of its contents. If you have a query regarding the terms that follow you should in the first instance email us at the address given below.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of Services advertised in our website by you (the Customer or you).
2. We are Marigolds Professional Cleaning Company of 1 Cottage Road, Leeds, LS6 4DD with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number 0113 2178644; (the Supplier or us or we).
3. These are the terms on which we sell all Services to the Customer.
By ordering any of the Services, the Customer agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. MPCC is an abbreviation of Marigolds Professional Cleaning Company, the Supplier.
2. Customer means an individual or business who purchases Services from the Supplier.
3. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between the Customer and us for the supply of our Services.
4. Delivery Location means the location where the Services are to be supplied.
5. Order means the Customer’s order for the Services from the Supplier.
6. Services means the cleaning services carried out on behalf of MPCC.
7. Cleaning Operative means the person or firm carrying out the cleaning services on behalf of MPCC.
8. Cleaning visit or visit means the visit to the customer’s service address by the Cleaning Operative in order to carry out the Service.
1. The description of the Services are set out in the Supplier’s website.
2. In the case of Services provided via special requirements, it is the Customers responsibility to ensure that any information or specification provided is accurate.
3. All services are subject to availability.
4. The Supplier can make changes to the Services, which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement and will notify the Customer of these changes.
5. MPCC agrees to provide vetted, reliable, insured and experienced Cleaning Operatives to carry out all commercial cleaning.
6. With regards to one off deep cleans there is a minimum of 2 hours (with 2 cleaning operatives) per cleaning visit. All cleaning materials and equipment are provided by MPCC unless otherwise requested.
1. We are fully insured for public liability and employers’ liability. However we reserve the right not to be held responsible for any damages to items which have previously been damaged; have been left in an unsuitable place; are in need of measurable repair or damages caused by inappropriate cleaning materials supplied by the Customer.
2. Claims for any damages caused by one of our cleaning operatives must be reported within 24 hrs. Claims made after the timeframe stipulated will questioned.
3. All our cleaning operatives have been DBS checked, are reliable and trustworthy, however if an accusation of theft occurs we will endeavour to help the Customer and the police to resolve the matter immediately. We do ask that any items, which the Customer believes to have been taken, be claimed for via the Customer’s insurance and we will forfeit the Insurance access amount should our cleaning operatives be found guilty of theft.
4. Any attempt to commit insurance fraud will result in legal prosecution by the Company and relevant Insurance providers.
1. The Customer must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services provided such as 1. provide MPCC and our authorised employees and representatives with access to any premises at the scheduled time (unless otherwise agreed). Customers will be expected to pay the full amount of the Service in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one being present to let them in the premises; or problems with the customers keys; 2. provide us with all information required to perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed); 3. provide us with all necessary activation and deactivation of alarm systems for the premises; 4. ensure that our cleaners have hot running water and electricity; 5. provide clear instructions for any equipment which the Customer has requested us to use; 6. provide a specific outline of what duties are required (otherwise a general clean will be provided)
7. to provide information of the evacuation and accident reporting process; 8. the Customer agrees and understands that they will be held responsible for any accidents which occur on their premises as a direct result of negligence in terms of basic health and safety requirements i.e, loose wiring, poorly fitted carpets, any spillages which are not cleaned properly.
2. Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default, which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until it had been resolved or if the Customer fails to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to the Customer.
3. The Customer understands and agrees that there is a £650.00 private employment charge should an MPCC operative be offered employment, legally or via cash in hand within a 6 month period of leaving MPCC. The Customer understands that they are responsible for paying this charge whether they notify us of their actions or not.
Basis of Sale
1. The description of the Services on our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services.
2. When an Order has been made, we can reject it for any genuine and fair reason, although we will try to tell the Customer the reason without delay.
3. A Contract will be formed for the Services ordered, only upon the Supplier sending an email to the Customer saying that the Order has been accepted or, if earlier, the Supplier’s delivery of the Services to the Customer.
4. Any quotation or estimate of Fees is valid for a maximum period of 14 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
5. No variation of the Contract, whether about the description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
6. MPCC reserves the right to amend the rates of the Customer’s initial visit at any time and in its own discretion, if: 1) The Customer initially requested tasks change; 2) The Customer visit frequency requirements change.
Fees and Payment
1. The charge for our Services are set out in our price list current at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Prices for Services may be calculated on a fixed fee or on a standard rate basis.
2. Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order, so that, if the rate of VAT increases before acceptance of the Order, we will only increase the Fees or charge by the amount of that increase if the Customer agrees, otherwise we must reject the Order and promptly inform the Customer of this.
3. Payments can be made by any of the following methods; cash, BACS, PayPal, or cheque or by submitting credit or debit card details with the Order so that we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Services. The method of payment must be agreed prior to Services commencing and can be changed on request via email or letter.
4. All invoices will be sent via email and should be paid no later than 30 days of the date sent/received.
5. MPCC reserves the right to charge 5% interest on each unpaid invoice that is more that 5 working days late. This payment will be added to the following invoice under LPC (Late Payment Charge). The customer will be responsible for any charges resulting from a dishonoured cheque in addition to a flat rate charge of £25.00 for each occurrence.
6. If MPCC is forced to refer the Customer’s account for collection to a third party, we do not take responsibility for the extra charges accumulated via the involvement of a debt collection agency.
7. MPCC provides cleaning operatives on any day of the week, including Bank Holidays. If we have not be notified 48 hours prior to the visit that our services will not be required on a Bank Holiday the Customer agrees and understands that the regular amount due for the visit will be applied.
1. We will deliver the Services, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement; within a reasonable time.
2. In any case, regardless of the events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Services on time, the Customer can require us to reduce the Fees or charges by an appropriate amount (including the right to receive a refund for anything already paid above the reduced amount). The amount of the reduction can, where appropriate, be up to the full amount of the Fees or charges.
3. If the Customer fails, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Services at the Delivery Location, we may charge the full cost of the Service without agreement to carry out that Service at a later date.
4. The customer agrees and understands that operatives will not carry out post building cleans while building work is being carried out (unless specified) or whilst builders are still on site.
Complaints and Claims
1. If the Customer is not completely satisfied with the Service they receive they must contact us within 24 hours of completion of the Service and allow an operative to return and re-do the work at no extra cost.
2. Complaints are accepted via telephone, letter and email only.
3. MPCC will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it to the satisfaction of the Customer. Depending on the nature of the complaint it may take us up to 7 working days to respond.
4. No claims shall be dealt with if the Customer has an outstanding balance of more than 14 days.
1. Customers can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if they simply wish to change their mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
1. We have a legal duty to provide Services in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if we do not meet the following obligations:
2. We will supply Services with reasonable skill and care. However, it is not failure to conform if the failure has its origins in the Customers instructions.
3. We take our Customer’s confidentially very seriously and refrain from passing on any information to any external individual or company (except in the event outlined in clause 5 under Insurance and clause 5 under Fees and Payments.
4. We take every care in insuring that we keep keys, alarm codes or other means of accessing Customer premises secure at all times.
5. Customers have the right to adjust the time of a cleaning visit by providing at least 72 hours notice. Failure to notify us of a change will mean that the Customer is liable for the full cost of the Services should an alternative arrangement not be possible in that time.
6. The Customer understands and agrees that MPCC may record all incoming and outgoing phone conversations for quality purposes, inquiries or investigations.
Duration, Termination and Suspension
1. These terms and conditions will apply for as long as we provide our Services to the Customer.
2. Both parties (customer and supplier) may terminate the Contract or suspend the Services at any time by written notice of termination or suspension to the other if that other: 1. Commits a serious breach, or series of breaches resulting in a serious breach, of the Contract and the breach either cannot be fixed or is not fixed within 30 days of the written notice; or 2. Is subject to any step towards its bankruptcy or liquidation.
3. On termination of the Contract for any other reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected.
4. Termination of contract during the first 30 days of service can be put in place with immediate effect, however, after this period termination of Services will require written notification giving 30 day advanced notice and stipulating the last cleaning date.
5. Any outstanding invoices should be paid to the supplier within 5 days of the termination of services.
Successors and our sub-contractors
1. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.